Fear is one of the 8 primary feelings/emotions that if not well taken care of, can escalate into the secondary and tertiary feelings of frustration and depression respectively.
To better handle fear, we need to:
- Understand some hard facts about Fears (usually due to past programming, memories, beliefs & lodged in the limbic system); and
- Be Aware of our Fears & Shadows, to Face & Confront them so that we can Lead in the Light & help ourselves & those we lead, live Lives of Purpose & Possibilities…
Below is an extract from Susan Jeffers, “Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway” to help you cope better with FEAR (False Evidence Appear Real):
Five Truths about Fear
1. The fear will never go away as long as I continue to grow.
2. The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out … and do it.
3. The only way to feel better about myself is to go out … and do it.
4. Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I’m on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else.
5. Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness (Fight Everything And Run).
Feel the Fear & DO IT ANYWAY!!!